Wednesday 29 February 2012

Screen off

One annoying fault on the Corvette when it arrived was a 4" crack in the windscreen.
The only way to change the screen on a Vette is to unbolt the entire frame from the car and take it apart from around the glass.
So that is what I did. Good news was that this gave me a chance to send the big cast and chrome screen pillars away for rechrome as they were very pitted.
Bad news is that I will need all new rubbers and seals to refit my new glass and also the pillar tabs broke during strip down (they always do). :-(



One advantage at least, is that now it will be easier to spray the car as there is almost nothing to mask off. Then when it comes back it should also be easier to fit the new dashboard pad (cover). That is one job I'm more than a little worried about; glueing it down in the right place and without any bubbles... 

No comments:

Post a Comment